To the shock and distress of a handful of ultra-devout Christian believers, the sun went down yesterday on an America and a world that had signally failed to end.
Instead of a series of earthquakes hitting successive countries at 6pm local time and heralding The Rapture – in which millions of the Faithful would ascend to heaven before the Second Coming of Christ – planet Earth simply carried on and, mostly, kept calm. — The Guardian
Most news agencies are reporting that Harold Camping remains in seclusion, though May 21 is most definitely over in California, where he lives.
- Harold Camping suffers stroke
- Where in the world is Harold Camping?
- Harold Camping’s May 21 prediction damages people’s faith
- Camping “bewildered” and “mystified” over failed prediction
- “No one knows the day or the hour…” except Harold Camping?